A Modern Nostalgic - Biko Jewellery



First I need to start off by saying that I'm extremely excited about today's post. A few weeks ago I created a wish list jammed packed with fabulous items by Corrine Anestopoulos from Biko Jewellery and was THRILLED when I finally met her yesterday at the One Of A Kind show, and got to see all of her pieces in person! FIY, she's just as lovely as her pieces!

Thanks to Michelle from Knot PR for giving me the opportunity to be introduced to her designs - I have officially found one of my favorite jewelery designers of all time!

A little bit about Corrine -

Q. When and why did she begin to design jewelery?
A. During her time at Ryerson University in Toronto ON for Design & Image Arts Corrine was approached by a fellow school mate to help with a photo shoot which included wearing pieces of jewelery - something that never appealed to Corrine herself. After seeing herself on camera Corrine was quick to realize that she enjoyed the look of accessorizing!

A quick hobby in 2004 during the first year after the shoot soon turned into a full on line in 2006 ranging from earrings, bracelets and necklaces.

Q. What inspires each Biko collection?
A. Most of Corrine's inspiration comes from the materials she chooses to use and found objects. The idea of a "modern nostalgic" line comes from her love of mixing old and new, pairing unexpected ideas and her love for objects such as modern furniture and old Edison light bulbs.

Q. Where can I find Biko Jewellery?
A. You can find Biko pieces in stores across Canada, with hopes of branching out into the US soon. You can also shop online HERE.

One of the best parts about Biko Jewellery is that it's all hand crafted in Toronto, Canada!







I purchased the crystal teardrop earrings in emerald $45 and they are exactly what I have been looking for in a stud! They'll be perfect to pair with my New Years Eve dress if I decide to wear my hair up or even just for some sparkle with a basic tee for a regular day.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful earrings! great write up too, always love to hear about the designers
    xo Cara
    http://www.afashionloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post and thanks for sharing these amazing pieces... I am in love!

    ReplyDelete