Vanilla Birthday Cupcakes

As posted yesterday, Eric asked me to bake cupcakes for our friend's son's 3rd birthday party. I'm not a baker. I'm not a cook. I'm not even allowed in the kitchen. So...I said sure! I wasn't about to make them from a box either so I found THIS recipe and headed off to the store and bought all the ingredients for vanilla cupcakes with a cream cheese icing. Which by the way, why are they so effing expensive?! $60 cupcakes? Is this real life? Well I created quite the mess in the kitchen and on myself and my phone was covered in flour - needless to say I really enjoyed it and can't wait to bake again!


Step 1: In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.


Step 2: In another bow, beat butter and sugar until pale, light, and fluffy. This would work best with an electric mixer - but I had to use a wooden spoon.

Step 3: Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until combined.


Step 4: Add pure vanilla extract.

Step 5: Add 1 cup of the flour mixture until combined then add 1/2 cup buttermilk. Repeat until flour mixture is all used up.

Step 6: Use this mixture to plop into trays.


Note: You can create an icing pipe by filling a zip lock bag with icing and trimming the corner.

1 comment:

  1. The cupcake looks delicious!I like all the pictures, I will try this :) Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete